Wednesday 21 May 2014

[Week 11 26.05-01.06] Kitesurfing do not try at home

Kitesurfing do not try at home

Kitesurfing is one of the fastest growing water sports. Its popularity is connected with almost unlimited possibilities, for example: big jumps, and above all the feeling of freedom

This sport is for all who like enjoying an active holiday. There is one condition to become a kitesurfer, you should weigh more than 40 pounds.
A kitesurfing  is not a dangerous sport, due to innovative kites and rescue systems. To fly a kite you needn’t a lot of strength, you can compared it to cycling. To do kitesurfing you do not need to be a "jock" and have strong arms as you mistakenly believe.  You should be  in general good physical coordination.


Before you decided to learn it. Watch a movie. 



This May weekend in Jastarnia I met a girl  who tried to learn kitesurfing by herself. I asked if this was  her first time, she answered “Yes”. I warned her that the weather conditions were not for beginners, because the wind was offshore. Anyway she asked me to help her start the kite. I observed her for a long period of time, but then I went surfing as well. After my 3 hours session, on the beach I found her kite bag. With my friends we tried to find her, after one hour of exploration we decided to alarm MRCK (Maritime Rescue Coordination Centre). Until today they haven’t found the girl.
Don’t forget to notify somebody where you swim and when you come back.

After that I decided to warn you and at the same time encourage you  to start adventure with kitesurfing with a kite school. To reduce the risk of injury, sign up for the course! Under the professional instructor learn how to surf with a kite, you will know what equipment is right for you and what whether conditions are optimal for you.
The course is divided into levels: IKO1, IKO2

IKO Level 1 - This step mainly focuses on the study of control of the kite, using safety systems and preparing a kite. You begin with a little kite on the beach, after this with a  normal size kite you learn a "Body dope" – it will help you in a dangerous situation to swim to a board or return to the land.

IKO level 2 - the next step to become an independent kitesurfer. When you finished IKO 1, and you already know how to control the kite and perform the “Body dope” it’s time to try starts swimming with a board. The second level is mostly dedicated to just this skill - learning starts with the board and is about performing short HALS in both directions.

Questions:
1.      Have you ever tried surfing?
2.      Would you like to try?
3.      How do you imagine kitesurfing?







15 comments:

  1. 1.Have you ever tried surfing?
    Yes, didn't like it. To much work. It looks ok from third person perspective, but it's not as much fun as anticipated.
    2.Would you like to try?
    You assume we would say no to the first question. Got ya.
    3.How do you imagine kitesurfing?
    I imagine it as in the picture You added to Your presentation.
    4.Do you prefer mountains or sea?
    I could never understand how someone can prefer sea than basically anything else. What can You do at sea that You cannot do anywhere else? Swim? Play ball? Roast? Boring...

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1 and 2 - No and I don't think so. I'm not really into water sports, as my endurance in water is pretty off, so I would have some problems while washed away from the shore. I can't swim fast, so I would probably end up in pretty bad situation.
    3. Like a sport which needs a strenght in the arms and a good sense of balance between legs. I, apparently, have neither of them...
    4. I love both, but sea is for relaxing and partying with friends, while mountaineering is a lone sport for active holidays. I enjoy walking on the mountain area, but I prefer smaller ones without the huge risk of falling. I climbed Rysy during winter and I really don't want to do anything like that again :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my God this is the best subject for me!
    My sister - Asia Litwin is a former European Champion and Vice Word Champion! So actually I know all about kitesurfing!:P

    check out her website:
    http://asialitwin.com

    and her movie:
    http://vimeo.com/38838362

    I traveled with her on both PKRA Competitions and European KTE - quite an experience..

    I have tried kitesurfing but it is not for me - I always say that my sis took all the talent for it:P. When she's kiting I prefer to take pictures of her:P

    But I enjoy windsurfing a lot, it is so much fun. I windsurf with my boyfriend:D

    I cannot imagine kite because I actually know how it feels/looks/ how it is to kite both professionaly and just for fun…

    I cannot choose between sea and mountains. When being at the sea side it is co comfortable, warm and lovely. But I also love snowboarding so sometimes I also go to the mountains.

    Does anyone needs some kitesurfing/snowboarding equipment? We are now doing the garage sale…let me know;)

    cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What you have to offer
    what brand of equipment
    what?
    price?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gimmie some photos and prices - and we'll stike a deal. I'm a ruthless negotiator, be wary.

    ReplyDelete
  6. 1. Have you ever tried surfing?
    No I haven't. This kind of sport is just not for me I prefer swimming and less dangerous activities.
    2. Would you like to try?
    As I said before, no.
    3. How do you imagine kitesurfing?
    It looks really nice from the beach :)
    4. Do you prefer mountains or sea?
    I preffer sea, there is much more to do at the sea like volleyball or sunbathing, at the mountains you can just walk and walk :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. 1.Have you ever tried surfing?
    Nope.

    2.Would you like to try?
    Sure, might be fun.

    3.How do you imagine kitesurfing?
    50% surfing and 50% kite'ing. As I see it, it's like surfing but helping yourself with a big kite, so not requiring so much surfing experience.

    4.Do you prefer mountains or sea?
    I liked mountains some time ago, hiking was exhausting, but fun. Sea? Nah. I prefer lakes, especially on a boat.

    ReplyDelete
  8. 1. I had never tried it.
    2. After reading that text it stared to sound interesting- but I'd have to exercise a lot to prepare myself- especially my hand muscles.
    3. I definitely prefer mountains – as a child I was walking a lot in Tatry- lately I was in a place called Slovak paradise- that was a great adventure! Beautiful mountain paths with high waterfalls and long ladders at arm's length distance near them. Brooklets in which you have to paddle and beautiful forests around! For me – such adventures sounds better than kitesurfing

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mostly we have kites ( Airush 2012) and kiteboards( Nobile 2012, 2013), Burton, Fanatic, Mystic, O'neil. We're now preparing the offer with some photos so I will send it to you soon…:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I’ve tried windsurfing when I was a kid. It was fun but nothing special for me. I always wanted to try kitesurfing but I never had an opportunity. I hope one day I will try it, because it seems to me like a great adventure. ☺

    ReplyDelete
  12. 1. No, I have never had an opportunity.
    2. Possibly, yes, it sounds like fun. Water, sun, speed. I like speed and skiing, so it makes sense.
    3. I am extremely curious how it feels to fly above the water;-)
    4. Generally, I am more a fan of mountains. I do enjoy wandering and pretty views

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've never tried surfing and I don't think I'll ever do. But then again, I never really liked any sports, so...
    And I don't really have any mountain/sea preference. A bit of both is the best, I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  14. 1. No, I only tried waterskis and I enjoyed it, in spite of many falls and suffering arms.
    2. If I had time and money, why not?
    3. I presume it's similar to waterskis, only the pull is less constant.
    4. Definitely sea. Don't really like mountains, maybe childhood trauma?
    Sea is more relaxing and summer-like.

    ReplyDelete
  15. 1. Have you ever tried surfing?
    Unfortunately I have only tried windsurfing.
    2. Would you like to try?
    Im planning to try surfing in Indonesia in October.
    http://vimeo.com/75966339
    3. How do you imagine kitesurfing?
    I dont think its super hard to learn. Flying could be fun.
    Really hard are : "look mum no hands" sports
    like skateboarding or surfing.
    4. Do you prefer mountains or sea?
    I like both walking and climbing in mountains and chilling at the sea.
    But not for too long after all its a little boring. Must travel continually.

    ReplyDelete