Tuesday 12 January 2016

Week 12 [11.01-17.01.2016] Quentin Tarantino



Quentin Tarantino



Quentin Tarantino was born in Knoxvill, Tennessee March 27, 1963. Tarantino is an American director and screenwriter, occasionally producer and actor. His mother was very young, she was only 16 when she born Quentin. She was a student of the nursing school. His father was 21 year old law student and aspiring actor. Whole family moved to Los Angeles when he was 2 years old. When he was eight his mother started taking him to watch movies such as Carnal Knowledge (1971) and Deliverance (1972). When he started to work at video store he was obsessed about watching movies. When he was 20 years old he begun acting lessons. He also begun writing scripts and in 1988 he wrote the screenplay for Natural Born Killers.  After that in 1990 he wrote another one called True Romance. Tarantino become famous as a director after releasing his first movie called Reservoire Dogs which has its premier at Sundance Film Festival in 1992. Big success of the movie made that previous screenplays were immediately picked up by Miramax for distribution. After that first success
Tarantino started to write his next screenplay, Pulp Fiction. Pulp Fiction was released in 1994 and as it turned out movie become Tarantino’s biggest success. Pulp Fiction was nominated for seven Academy Awards and it won one for Best original screenplay. As director he also received Golden Globe, a BAFTA award also for screenplay and many other awards around the world including Golden Palm at the Cannes Film Festival. After that success expectations were huge. In 1995 Tarantino decided to direct one fourth of movie Four Room. He made that movie with three of his friends. Every chapter of this film was directed by someone else.  Unfortunately, it received weak reviews… After that in 1996 he starred in movie “From Dusk till Dawn” directed by Robert Rodriguez where he played with George Clooney. Tarantino’s third movie was “Jackie Brown” released year after Rodriguez production. It was an adaptation of novel Rum Punch, cast loaded with stars such as Samuel L. Jackson, Robert De Niro and Bridget Fonda. Already after 6 years of absence Tarantino return to directing and writing with Kill Bill (2003), starring Uma Thurman as a killer woman fighting for revenge. As a sequel Kill Bill 2 was released just after first part. At first Kill Bill was ment to be one movie but with running time of over 4 hours it was split into two movies. After that Tarantino worked with Robert Rodriguez once again. They made two parts of Grindhouse in 2007. One of each directed by Tarantino and second one by Rodriguez. In 2010 he received two more Academy Award nominations.
One for his directorial work and second for original screenplay for Inglourious Basterds (2009). Inglourious Basterds  is a great movie about second World War and plan of assassination of Adolf Hitler starred with actors like Brad Pitt and Christoph Waltz. Since he was a child Tarantino loved western movies and he decided to finally make one. Western Django Unchained was released in late 2012. Django, the title character played by Jammie Fox is a slave. He teams up with bounty hunter Dr King Schultz to find his lovely wife who was also a slave. Tarantino’s last movie which will be released January 15, 2016 is also a western and it’s called The Hateful Eight. Cast features frequent Tarantino collaborators such as Samuel L. Jackson, Tim Roth and Michael Madsen, the film was nominated to Golden Globe in several categories.

For Tarantino, film is an all-consuming passion: "When I'm doing a movie, I'm not doing anything else. It's all about the movie. I don't have a wife. I don't have a kid. Nothing can get in my way ... I've made a choice, so far, to go on this road alone. Because this is my time. This is my time to make movies," he says in the interview.



Some interesting interview with Quentin Tarantino after Django was released:


  1. Have you watched any of Quentin Tarantino movies?
  2. If yes how do you like them? If no go and watch them!




27 comments:

  1. Definitely I watched all the movies Tarantino, although they are sometimes strange his films has their own unique atmosphere. I can not wait for the next Tarantino film production because it promises to be extremely interesting. I would definitely recommend them to anyone who has not yet had a chance to see them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep all true :) Like I said in my question if someone didn't watch them he definitely should do this as fast as he can!!! ;)

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1. Have you watched any of Quentin Tarantino movies?

    Yeah I watched something, but currenly I don't remember any title :P This is because I mostly don't remember what actors were in the movie or who was the screenwriter :P

    2. Like I answered in first question I don't remember what film were created by him or were he played as actor.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I recommend you watch all his movies. Than you will see how good they are. After one you won't be able to see that.

      Delete
  4. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_wYtG7aQTHA

    And here is something funny about directors, screenwriters :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Quentin Tarantino is one of my favorite directors all of his movies are special in their own way. I’ve watched Pulp Fiction about 4 times, most of his other movies too. Right now I’m planning to go on Hateful Eight. Love to see Tarantino- L. Jackson cooperation, it is always a hit for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe I also watched Pulp Fiction for a few times ;) and I also can't wait to see Hateful Eight. I hope it's gonna be great movie! :)

      Delete
  6. I love Quentin Tarantino movies. I watched almost all of his movies. My favorites are Kill Bill, Reservoir Dogs and of course Pulp Fiction. Each of his movie is very good, except very average Grindhouse. In the near future I am planning to go on Hateful Eight to cinema. I've heard positive reviews of this movie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't agree that Grindhouse is average movie... It's just class B movie this is what they like to do with Robert Rodriguez and you must remember that. It was ment to be like that and everyone should watch that movie with a grain of salt.

      Delete
  7. I've watched a couple of his films. Some of them was great like: From Dusk till Dawn or Django etc. But some of them were... not so good. He have a bunch of strange films in his filmography.
    Now I'm dying to watch "Pulp Fiction" and Inglourious Basterds. I've heard those are amazing but haven't too much time recently to catch it up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep I think those two movies you mentioned are best he ever made! Hurry up you don't know what you are loosing ;)

      Delete
  8. Of course I have watched Quentin's Movie but actually I do not remember the title, I focus more on the history of the movie, not the details about the title. But I appreciate those films and I would recommend them to my firneds.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like Quentin Tarantino as a person and love to watch his movies. I admire him for his knowledge of the history of cinema. Really, that guy watched propably all movies. Dispite his every movie is conglomerate of bunch other films, it doesn't bother me.

    Obviously I've watched "The Hateful Eight". I enjoyed it. Some say, "it's a peek of unreasonable brutality and gore". I don't agree.
    And of course Jennifer Jason Leigh and her long single shots filled with whole range of emotions.

    If I had to complain I would say, as a some kind of fan of westerns, could have been more Sergio Leone in the newest Tarantino film.

    On the other hand, what made me angry while watching the film, was a break in the middle of a film.
    To clarifying, lack of that break. Tarantino had a plan. He directed that film on a camera from 70's (it doesn't change anything to us, because in Poland there is no "old style cinema") and did a break in the middle. Like in old movies. And cinema cut this break off. C'mon, that was a part of a film. Blind part, but done with with premeditation, for some purpose. I don't agree, even with such interference.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for that comment you've done to me even more desire to go to this movie! :) I also I met a few interesting facts about this movie :)

      Delete
  10. Of course I watched the movies with Quentin Tarantino. I like his movies. I think the old films were better, these of today I think is a little boring. I like Quentin Tarantino, he shows it is originality in relation to the role played in the movie. He can work with the best actors in the world. Respect for him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He made few movies already and no one can be best all the time ;)

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    3. But also no one can deny that those are still great movies!

      Delete
  11. Yest I watched the movies with Quentin Tarantino. Each of them has a very specific mood. Anyone who watched knows what I mean. Probably the most interesting movie was "Pulp Fiction". I would recommend anyone to watch.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Michał Stankiewicz17 January 2016 at 17:07

    I love Quentin and his movies, watched most of them. I love it how Quentin tries to add some specific, distinguishable mood to his every creation. And it's always nice to see his short acting pieces, especially when he's just a side character and it's a puzzle to find him in the movie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Everybody loves him what can I add more? :D

      Delete
  13. Yes, I love Quentin movies and some of them I watched couple times. Django and Pulp Fiction are probably my favourites. They are all special. You can tell that the movie is directed by him even without knowing that before and thats not because he showes up in them.

    ReplyDelete
  14. To tell the truth I don't know if I ever watched any of Quentin Tarantino movies. Generally I don't watch many movies. Besides the fact I don't remember who is the director of the particular film, I remember only the title and plot of the film.

    Despite this, of course, I had heard about him. It is a very popular person. His films have very good reviews.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Of course I did, and I like him as a director, although I'm not that much into movies in general, so I don't have any specific opinion apart from the general one, that he's doing a really good job.

    As other ones noted above, "Pulp fiction" is probably one of the most popular movies with him.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Of course, I watched almost all of the Quentin Tarantino movies! He is one of the best director and his directing style is unique. Pulp Fiction was one of my favorite movies in my childhood. His other movies I remember were “Kill Bill” and “Inglouurious Basterds”. Now I am waiting for “The Hateful Eight” with Samuel L. Jackson.
    Quantin Tarantino movies made me a great impression. Most of them I watched several times. I think what is great about Tarantino is his ability to take all this various elements from movies and combine them into something new with a new rhythm to it. That things makes him the great.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh yes, except Jackie Brown, Four Rooms, H8ful 8 and the pre-Reservoir Dogs era movies. And I must say I really enjoyed them, mostly. The most characteristic thing of all Tarantino movies is soundtrack music. He has an exceptional sense of choosing the most suitable music to the specific kind of movie he's making.

    ReplyDelete