Wednesday 16 January 2013

Drifting



This discipline is slowly coming to Polish. It was launched in Japan. At the beginning it was  a "slippage" in the winding, mountain roads, later it moved to tracks, where competitions are organized. Drifting has also become popular in the United States, where is the famous D1 Grand Prix. It's mostly about having fun, showing your skills and driving style.

Drifting is the art of skillful car driving into a corner with a big beautiful slip. In this discipline, leaders have cars with rear-wheel drive.

https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEiJe2JFhZ3JhGbg9ViZYSJZArpSOgNs1fptnNCv_59we6BlsTBfJBDho1ltqhlwHVt107sDdtBw87N1sJV5xchvVgIq8JWv5w3-30XiTe2l39Qa49OB3alLNal_eV2FHaemNXo7Ge1NxnQ/s1600/kaam+karne+de.jpg


What should  your car have to drift?

Suspension - hard accordingly, to better feel the reactions of the car. It involves changing the shock absorbers, springs, struts inserting, changing the geometry of the suspension. It is good to improve the braking system.

Wheels - tires are very important. They should be of good quality. They cannot be too highly profiled, which can cause the slipping of the tire and the rim. Often wheels are wider than the tires, which also minimizes the risk of slipping tires.

Engine - The engine must provide enough power (at least 150HP), the car must have its supply. Very important elements are rummage (in extreme cases, permanently welded bridge) and strong enough clutch and gearbox. The oil cooler is needed. It should also be remembered, the power unit are subject to very high loads, it is almost always used for maximum performance.

Other useful modifications - is worth using a good, sport steering wheel, which will provide us with a good "contact" with the car. Also a handy bucket seat, thanks to which we do not fall at the first corner and we ‘feel’ the car better. Sports safety cage and seat belts are obligatory.


https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEiw4OiqzdVGv5WLlCRk82wXpGtlQrea2r7B6KuukC4KBUFiyj9AqIRsTNzGbZgoX_NdlpZk1jNQDfz2zqtIR3c4t12dV_Q5BVXlS0pMUC-roqR_cwc4J9fL5KnkMMBQ9ATUPtTY4LAqdipC/s1600/drifting-techniques.jpg

The most common cars in drifting: Nissan Silvia, Nissan Skyline, Toyota Corolla AE86, Toyota Supra, Mazda RX-7, Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution, and many more with rear wheel drive or four-wheel drive.

http://www.carthrottle.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/Nissan_350z_Drift.jpg


Unfortunately, this kind of entertainment is  not completely safe, despite the use of a security cage, bucket seats, belts sports accidents happen while drifting.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SVJ7KHbiK6s



Very interesting tricks, techniques are presented in the video:



QUESTIONS :

     1)  Do you like this form of sport?
     2) Do you think that you have to be a good driver to practice drifting?
    3) Have you ever had the opportunity to watch the spectacle of drifting, if so, what are your impressions, if  not, would you like?

8 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice presentation and topic, but in my opinion only rear wheel drive cars are good for drifting, of course AWD cars are good and better than "ass-draging" in front wheel drive cars, but not as good as RWD cars. It's the same with power, 150hp is really not enough, I know that I can have distorted notion of power, because I have my daily-car with rwd (the same as yours ;) ), which has more than 350hp, but trust me, 150hp is too less. I enjoy drifting for a few years and on winter I practise drifting with my daily-car on each piece of snow-covered road. I also practise drifting on the race tracks, with my friend we bought BMW e30 with 2.5 liter engine and 170hp and we started to learn drifting. After three months we concluded that 170hp is rally not enough for drifting, so now our friends in the workshop are putting in BMW engine from Toyota Supra with about 500hp (estimated vehicle weight is about 950 kg). We also change suspension, wheels, tires, seat, seatbelts, steering wheel, brakes. Of course we remove all the interior and put safety cage. Now bmw looks like this: http://palladinum.pl/bmw_e30_1jz.png After this I can say, that drifting is not so easy as you are think, because it's easy to start slip but it is heavy to control car in it. This ability requires many hours of trying and many unexpected spins.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree that the drifting of the rear wheel drive is a lot easier and a lot more popular, I also agree with the fact that you have to drift above all, experience in the vehicle and the ability to enter the car for a spin but it is not hard to move and control the slippage is no easy task. I think every driver should drive in the winter, the parking lot and see how the car behaves in a slip, so that every driver would know how to behave in the road when he goes into an uncontrollable skid.

    ReplyDelete
  5. 1. I love fast,sport cars so any sport that has cars in it,is good for me. I enjoy watching drifting a lot especially when the new cars are featured. It is an adventurous sport for people who like to take risk.
    2.Like with any sport you need to be very good at what you are doing in order to be successful. In drifting,the drivers need to possess excellent skills like coordination or fast-decision making to make sure they actually do the drifting right. I think this sport is only for the brave ones who like to challenge themselves and feel the adrenaline rush.
    3. I have never been to watch the drifting live but would love to do it. I think the emotions must be amazing while watching it live. I hope one day I will be able to experience it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am not a fan of this kind of sport but I actually admire people who are so brave and feel experienced enough to try something which is that dangerous. It must be very enriching experience since it provides its participants with adrenaline. What is most important, I think, the contestants have fun while doing this. I am not so experienced driver that I could decide to make an attempt to do this, since in my opinion it demands a lot of reflex and bravery. Moreover, it is very dangerous and I often cannot understand people who do not feel so sure about trying this kind of sports and regardless of that they do this, whereas they realize how unsafe it may turn out to be. I have never had any opportunity to watch drifting neither on television nor in reality but I believe it might be interesting, although I am not keen on watching sports. Concluding, this discipline is kind of controversial but lets the participants and the audience have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree that it is Dangerous but as I have already spoken to anyone necessarily needs to be a professional. It's also great fun in the winter. I really think that it is worthwhile to go alone to the parking lot and try to enter the car into a skid on the snow (which is not difficult) because then we can learn to move a car with a slip so that in situations in which you will run into a skid on the road, we can avoid an accident. In general, I think that there should be an obligatory, at least one training for each driver having a driver's license, which would show how and under what conditions derived from the auto slip can thus would be less accidents and more and better drivers.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have never tried drifting, and I do not think that I will ever try it. Probably it is because that although I have the driving license, still I am really scared to drive. Honestly, I drive only when I really, really have to and have no other option. Therefore, I must admit that I am a bad driver, who can pose danger on the road. Because of that I am not a fan of this type of sport. I think that people who wants to try drifting must be a really good drivers.

    ReplyDelete